Declaración de privacidad
¿Qué hacemos con sus datos personales?
Cuando usted comparte sus datos con nosotros, pueden ser usados para alguno de los siguientes propósitos:
- Almacenar y manejar datos si está registrado en alguno de nuestros eventos o actividades.
- Almacenar sus datos para enviarle correos electrónicos relacionados directamente con actividades de la editorial y sus subsidiarias.
- Procesar o confirmar los pagos a los eventos promovidos por la organización.
- Invitarle a participar en encuestas realizadas para la organización con fines de evaluación y seguimiento.
- Permitirle ingresar a distintos espacios de nuestros sitios de internet.
- Gestionar el proceso de revisión de documentos para los congresos y otras actividades.
- Facilitar y promover la participación con las instituciones o redes con las que estamos asociadas. No compartimos sus datos con nadie más.
¿Qué otras consideraciones tienen con mis datos?
Otras consideraciones y políticas sobre el manejo que tenemos de sus datos personales que captures en nuestros portales son las siguientes:
- Asumimos que al otorgarnos tus datos, nos autorizas usarlos en los términos mencionados aquí.
- Los datos los mantenemos en servidores que pueden estar ubicados en el extranjero, por ejemplo, los servidores con los que aplicamos encuestas son de Google y se encuentran en EEUU.
- El período que conservamos sus datos es hasta que nos solicites que sean removidos de nuestros registros.
- Tienes derecho a que eliminemos sus datos de nuestros registros.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to verify that their submission meets all the elements shown below. Submissions that do not meet these guidelines will be returned to the authors
- The submission is an original document, i.e., it has not been previously published in any medium or under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- The article is written in a formal academic style and adheres to the Publication Manual Standards of the American Psychological Association (Seventh Edition, 2020).
- The article uses the journal's own template which is in .doc or .docx format. Download format.
- The article consists of 2000 to 8000 words
- All tables are in an editable Word format, i.e., they are not images or embedded spreadsheet images.
- All figures are in a jpg format, with maximum resolution of 320dpi and are legible. Figures are in black and white but may use orange details if needed.
- The final version does not use advanced Word tools (e.g. for citing or reference sections).
- The article does not make excessive use of textual citations or bulleted lists.
- The article does not contain references to sources of dubious academic reputation (Wikipedia, “Buenastareas, “Rincon del vago” and other similar sites).
- The article requires a minimum of ten, good quality references as specified in the Author Guidelines Section.
To be considered for publication in this journal, articles submitted will go through two screening processes: 1) It complies with editorial criteria guaranteeing the quality of the journal in terms of form with special emphasis on adhering to norms established by the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (Seventh Edition, 2020), and 2) It will be submitted to a double-blind peer review process.
Authors are required to check that their submission meets all of the elements shown below. Submissions that do not meet these guidelines will be returned:
- The article has not been previously published by any medium nor is under consideration for publication by another journal.
Articles must be original and scientific research.
- They must be aligned with research on education and pedagogy.
- The article is written in a formal academic style adhering to the standards of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (Seventh Edition, 2020).
- The article uses the journal's own template and is in a .doc or .docx format. (follow the format).
- The article consists of 2000 and 8000 words depending on the category in which it participates.
- All tables are in editable Word format, i.e., they are not images or spreadsheet embeds.
- All figures are in jpg format, with a maximum resolution of 320dpi and are legible. Figures should be in black and white with possible details in orange or red.
- No advanced Word tools are used, except for formatting using styles included in the template. This includes no use of automated citation tools, which should be eliminated when submitting files so that only plain text is used.
- The article does not present an excessive use of textual citations or bulleted lists.
- The article does not contain references to sources of dubious academic reputation (Wikipedia, Buenastareas, Rincón del vago and similar sites).
- Use of bibliographic references:
a) 70% of the bibliographic references used must come from the following sources:
b) The remaining 30% of the bibliographic references used may come from the following data bases:
10.9 Academic books (preferably peer-reviewed)
10.10 Official web sites (INEGI, WTO, UN, etc.)
13. APA 7th edition citation form is used. It is important to include the identification number (DOI) for bibliographical reference traceability (since 2020 various indexes, such as Springer, Sage, etc., have become Open Access thus we request that the references come from 5 years to date).
- A minimum of 15 different references are required.
- JEL Classification Code is required.
I - Health, Education and Welfare
- I2 - Education
- I20 - General
- I21 - Analysis of education
- I22 - Educational Financing – Financial Aid
- I23 - Higher education - research institutions
- I28 - Government Policy
- I29 - Other
Papers will be assigned to two reviewers who form part of the Editorial Committee, according to their area of expertise. They will evaluate the following sections in the journal’s platform (User’s Guide) both quantitatively on a dichotomous scale, and qualitatively according to the importance, innovation and contribution to the generation of knowledge:
A) Format and writing style of the document.
- Does it use the APA citation style?
- Does it use the APA referencing style?
- Are all tables and figures necessary and is the reason for their inclusion in the text explained?
- Do all paragraphs follow a logical sequence in the narrative of the paper?
- Is it free from spelling mistakes?
- Do all citations quoted have a reference at the end of the document?
- Do all references correspond to a cited quote in the text?
- Is the document interesting?
B) Introduction and theoretical framework
- Is the objective of the research clearly stated?
- Is the objective of the research fully justified within the framework of a theory pertaining to the areas of education, pedagogy and related disciplines? Does it sound logical and persuasive?
- Are all basic concepts clearly addressed?
- Are all assertions supported by reliable sources?
- Are references used sufficiently and completely (i.e., are there no missing references)? 10 good quality references are required.
- Are hypotheses clearly stated and is it possible to test them empirically?
- Are samples and sampling methods described? Are the samples and sampling methods relevant to the desired answers?
- Is the recollection of data and the measurement of variables clearly described?
- Is the study internally and externally valid? Does it contain major invalid sources?
- Does it present empirical results?
- Does it use proper techniques to analyze data and are they interpreted within your assumptions and limitations?
- Are the reported results as well as proof or denial of the hypothesis comprehensible?
- Do you describe the controls which have been applied to explain possible alternatives?
E) Discussion and conclusions
- Does the document contribute to the areas of education, pedagogy, and related fields?
- Are implications of theory and practices from findings discussed?
- Does it address any future research and any limitations of the research submitted?
In the following section please state your comments to account for your decision to the editor.
RELEP is a free journal which is promoted by the Latin American Network of Education and Pedagogy and is sponsored by the Latin American Studies Network (endorsed by Ivepy and Associates S.C. Editorial).
Our philosophy adheres to the definition given by the Budapest Open Access Initiative which consists of free access to public internet, allowing any user to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search or link to the full text of our articles, trace for indexing (crawling), use them as software data or any legal application, without any financial, legal or technical barrier, going beyond what is required to access the internet.
The only purpose of restricting reproduction and distribution and the only function of copyright licensing is so that authors maintain control over their research and the right to receive credit for their research (to be cited).
Default selection policy.
Make a new submission.
What do we do with your personal data?
When you share your data with us, it may be used for one of the following purposes:
- To store and manage data if you are registered for any of our events or activities.
- To store your data to send e-mails related to the activities carried out by the editorial and its subsidiaries.
- To process or confirm payments for events promoted by the organization.
- Invite you to participate in surveys conducted by the organization for evaluation and follow-up purposes.
- Provide access to different areas of our internet site.
- Manage the process of document revision for congresses or other activities.
- Facilitate and promote participation with institutions or networks with which we are associated. We do not share your information with anyone.
What other considerations do you have with my data?
Other considerations and policies on how we manage your personal data that you provide on our website are as follows:
- We assume that by giving us your data you grant us authorization to use it in the terms here mentioned.
- Data are kept on servers that may be located abroad, for example, when applying surveys which are from Google, its servers are located in the US.
- We will conserve your data until you request us to remove it.
- You have the right to remove your data from our archives.
RELEP JOURNAL, MICRO AND SMALL ENTERPRISE IN LATIN AMERICA is a four-month journal which aims at researchers from different fields and who are interested in the construction of a theory in micro and small enterprise (MSE) management relevant to Latin America’s reality. Our objective is to contribute to the solid construction of the theory of management of MSEs of the region, consequently, we receive original articles that address problems faced by these enterprises, whether they are proposals related to the internal environment of these enterprises, such as financial, social, psychological, and operational aspects- or related to external issues such as economic, political and sociological environments in which MSEs are embedded. Articles, preferably in English and Spanish are welcome.